Monday 23 April 2012

Bibliophile


·         So many words to say…
None that come to my parched lips
So many sounds that ink link to my past…
None that fill the vanity of my dreams

·         Sitting by the window sill…
There are so many things I feel,
So many chaperoned thoughts…
All pleading to be free!

·         My head hung low…
Eyes blotched wet,
There are so many pearls…
Those wait to go forlorn.

·         The coffee in my hand…
Turns a pale shade of dirt,
The one sip that touched my lips…
Has its essence still lingering by!

·         Soon it turns dark outside…
The light fading away in a string,
But alas! Look how it fails to register…
Any sign of gleam in this prudent being!

·         The sun goes does completely…
Yet the tree stands firm,
With no morsel of pain or fear…
It testifies that there’s better time to come!

·         How I wish my life would be like the tree
Daunting and carefree would I too be…
With no tests to give, no scandal to deal,
Wouldn’t it then be worth a THOUSAND WORDS indeed??

No comments:

Post a Comment